Flax seeds or Linseeds also known as Alsi (in Hindi) contain high amount of Omega-3 fatty acids, possibly the best source of it for Vegetarians and Vegans. Flax seeds can be topped over a salad or grounded to mix in smoothies, yogurt, and Oats.
Health Benefits of Flax Seed
• Flax Seeds are High in Omega-3 Fats, they are a rich source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
• Flax Seeds are a rich source of Lignan precursors that have antioxidant properties, some believe they could protect against certain types of cancers.
• Flax Seeds are a rich source of Dietary Fiber, just one tablespoon of flax seeds contains 8–12% of the daily recommended intake for men and women, respectively and help in regular bowel movement.
• Flax Seeds may help in lowering Cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
• Flaxseeds contain protein which is rich in the amino acids such as arginine, aspartic acid and glutamic acid.
• Flax Seeds may help patients with type 2 diabetes by reducing the blood sugar levels. Since, these seeds contain insoluble fiber that also controls the blood sugar.
• Flax seed contains dietary fiber that suppresses hunger and increasing feelings of fullness thereby helping in Weight Control.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.