California Badam -Sonaro Badam
The hot, dry Mediterranean climate of California and developed water infrastructure create ideal conditions for commercial cultivation of Almonds. California easily produces 80% of the world's almonds. This makes it the most commonly used Almonds for daily nutritional needs across the globe. The mass production also reduces the cost of this almond variety and is hence commonly referred to as ‘California Almonds’.
Price of California Badam
- 1000 gms of California Almonds could cost about Rs. 910.
California Almonds Benefits
California Almonds have many health benefits:
- California Almonds are high in protein and fibre.
- When dieting, consuming these almonds can increase fullness or satiation and help consume fewer calories.
- Eating almonds can significantly reduce oxidized LDL.
- Almonds can help to increase low magnesium levels and thus help control blood pressure.
- Almonds are the best sources of vitamin E which help with numerous health benefits such as good bone and skin health.
California Almonds are an excellent source of
- vitamin E,
- fiber and phosphorus.
Every one-ounce serving (about 23 almonds) provides 6 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber, plus vitamin E, magnesium, calcium and potassium. Almonds also are known to have low-glycaemic index making them diabetic-friendly.
Mamra Badam Vs California Badams
- California almonds are lower in fats when compared to Mamra Badams
- California Badams could be cultivated using chemicals or may be organic but Mamra Badams are usually and always organic
- California Almonds although have lower nutritive values compared to Mamra Badams, they are an ideal choice of consumption for daily nutritional needs.
- California Almonds are not as rich in milk as Indian Almonds and are hence not the preferred choice when extracting almond milk
- California Almonds are richer in Omega3 fatty acids when compared with Indian Almonds.