Barnyard Millet is highly recommended for Diabetics, Digestion and acidity, Healthy Heart, Weight watchers, and especially for Women's health.
• Browntop millet is also known as Andukorra(Telugu) or Korale (in Kannada).
• Browntop millet can be used as a healthier alternative to rice and can be easily cooked in a microwave etc.
• It is gluten free, has essential fatty acids and is rich in antioxidants.
• Studies have shown that Browntop millet is for beneficial for type-II diabetics as it has a low glycemic index hence it is slowly digested, absorbed and metabolised and causes a lower and slower rise in blood glucose. It also helps in lowering cholesterol level.
• It contains high percentage of dietary fiber and is recommended for healthy digestion and weight management.