Buy Anjeer Online
Anjeer fruit is a dried fruit that belongs to the mulberry family. The fruit is a native of the Middle East, Asia, and Turkey and also widely cultivated commercially in the USA and Spain. In India it is commercially grown in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Coimbatore. Anjeer fruit or Figs are extremely sweet fruits with edible and soft crunchy seeds. Although Anjeer fruits can be consumed fresh or dried and in fact, it is commonly consumed as a dried fruit as dried ones are available all through the year. Anjeer is referred to as nature’s candy as it is rich in natural sugars.
Anjeer fruits that blossom during the season are allowed to remain on the tree until they dry and drop from the trees. These dried figs or Anjeer fruit that fall off the trees are then collected, dusted and cleaned before packing.
How to eat Anjeer?
Anjeer fruits or figs dry can be munched on directly from your pack purchased from millets.com with no fuss. It may also be used in the cereal bowl for breakfast, in desserts, salads or juices and milkshakes.
Figs are rich in fibre and it is good to include them in a diet for daily nutritional supplement. It is recommended to consume figs in moderation as they are rich with natural sugars. It is best not to exceed the consumption of figs beyond 2-3 in a day.
Anjeer in English/Tamil/Telegu
Anjeer in English is Fig or dried fig, In Tamil it is known as Atthi Pazham, In Telugu it is known as Athi Pallu.
Anjeer nutrition profile is not limited to being low on calories. It extends beyond, around 100 grams of fresh figs provide just 74 calories and are immensely rich in soluble dietary fibre, essential nutrients and a host of phyto compounds that contribute to healing health. Figs are also rich in antioxidant flavonoids and vitamins A, E and K which assists in scavenging free radicals and prevents a host of chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes and reduces inflammation.
Here are top 7 benefits of anjeer:Anjeer is good for gut immunity
– Anjeer or figs are beneficial in cleansing the bowel and clearing the toxins from the system.
Ayurveda Recommendations -
The key ayurvedic properties of anjeer include a diuretic, laxative and expectorant. It helps to balance Vata and Pitta.
Anjeer is good for skin
- It is also highly beneficial in treating leucoderma and white spots on the skin and cures the condition if consumed daily for at least 3 months
Anjeer aids weight loss
– Anjeer or Figs are an ideal snack for the ones who wish to lose weight. The soluble fibre in dried figs keeps you satiated, curbs appetite and thus helps in losing weight.
Anjeer is good for Blood Pressure regulation
- The goodness of potassium in anjeer helps to stimulate the functioning of muscles and nerves, balances the fluid in the system and maintains the electrolyte balance and regulating blood pressure.
Anjeer soothes the intestines
- It acts as a natural laxative as it is rich with soluble fibre. Anjeer can promote normal bowel function by adding bulk to stool and ease the bowel movement averting constipation