Buy Flax Seeds OnlineFlaxseed is a plant-based food that is golden yellow to reddish brown in colour. It provides healthful fat, antioxidants, and fibre. Of late, flax seeds are emerging as a “super food” as more scientific research indicate the health benefits, such as improved digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Purchase the best quality Flax Seeds on MyMillets.com if you wish to enjoy the health benefits of flax seeds at the best comparable price.
how to eat flax seeds
- Crushed or powdered flaxseed can be added to the breakfast cereal to supplement for protein and fiber.
- Ground flaxseed can be mixed with the filling or spread when making a sandwich.
- Bake ground flaxseed into cookies, muffins, breads and other baked goods.
Ideal time to take Flax Seeds
- Ideally Flax seed is taken on an empty stomach and before a meal.
- It can also be mixed with hot water and consumed in between meals to reduce the hunger and hence the intake quantity of the subsequent meal
- Flax seeds have to be roasted and crushed or ground before consuming, lest they cause indigestion
- Daily consumption of Flax Seeds should not exceed 1 table spoon in powder form per day
Flax seeds in other languages
Flax seeds in Malayalam are called Chana Vittukal
Flax seeds in Hindi are called Pathsan Ke Beej
Flax seeds in Tamil are called Aali Vidaikkal
Flax seeds in Telugu are called Avise Ginjalu
Flax seeds in Marathi are called Ambaadi Biyaane
Flax seeds in Kannada are called Agase Beeja
Flax Seeds Benefits
- Flax seeds are rich in omega-3 fats, lignans and fibre. Which is good for the gut as well as the brain
- A diet rich in flaxseeds can also improve the lustre and glow of the skin. The omega-3 fatty acids (alpha-Linoleic acids) help smooth the skin, fight wrinkles, prevent acne, and heal unsightly blemishes.
- Flax seeds contain a group of nutrients called lignans, which have powerful antioxidant and oestrogen properties. They may help in preventing breast and prostate cancer, as well as other types of cancer and help with hormone imbalance, PCOS as well.
- Since flax seeds are rich in fibre they help to promotes regular bowel movements and can improve the digestive health.
- The high fibre content of flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and may play an important role in improving heart health.
- Flax seeds may lower blood sugar due to their insoluble fibre content.
Ways to make flax seed powder
- Dry Roast a few tablespoon of Flaxseeds
- Wait till you hear the light crackle
- Transfer the seeds immediately to a plate and let it cool
- Dry grind the roasted seeds to powder in the mixer
- Transfer to an air tight container and store for future use
- Do not store for more than 7 days.
Flax seed vs Chia Seeds
- If you are confused with selecting chia seeds or flax seeds, this would help you to choose
- Flaxseeds are a better source of lignans, an antioxidant also known as phytochemicals. Than Chia Seeds.
- Flax seeds also contain significantly more manganese, copper and potassium than Chia seeds.
- Flax seeds are richer in Omega 3 than the Chia seeds.
- Chia seeds are richer in bone strengthening minerals than Flaxseeds
- Flax seeds contain significantly higher levels of cancer-fighting antioxidants than Chia seeds
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.