Buy Mamra Badam Online
Mamra is a term that specifies crispy and crunchy texture of a snack (murmura in Hindi). Probably the crunchy texture of this Iranian Badam is the reason why it has acquired the name Mamra Badam.
Mamra Badams have unique cervical shape and are one of the most expensive of all almonds in the market.
Mamra almonds are cultivated widely in the cold-rocky plains of Iran, in Afghanistan and in the Kashmir valley of India. This is because the Mamra Badam trees need sandy, loamy or clayey soils a pH of about 1.5% for best yield. Mamra almond seedlings should be planted in well-drained soil with the required pH although they also tolerate acidic, neutral and alkaline pH levels. The production is very less and it is limited by geographic spread. Along with quality and locational constraints for growth mentioned before This is the reason why mamra badams are expensive
Mamra Badams were mostly consumed by the royalty and is also considered as a status symbol in the present days.
Mamra among all other almond types contains up to 50% oil whereas normal California almond only contains 25–30% oil in it. Mamra Almonds Are Rich Source Of Proteins, Amino Acids, and Minerals & Vitamins. While it is beneficial for pregnant ladies (unless they are allergic to almonds), the diet conscious would prefer the lesser expensive California Almond variety for regular consumption.
Mamra Badams are richer in oil when compared to other almond types and are beneficial in increasing the good cholesterol. Mamra Badams are full of monounsaturated fatty acids that can elevate the levels of “good” cholesterol, or high-density lipoproteins (HDL). Therefore, mamra badam has good cholesterol.
Mamra Badam is known to help conditions such as Coronary Artery Disease & Strokes By favouring healthy blood lipid profile. Mamra Badam help to prevent skin disorder, anaemia & respiratory Diseases.
Generally Badams of any variety are best consumed after soaking and it is so with Mamra Badams too. The skin of badams have tannin, which prohibits absorption of nutrients. Hence soaking overnight and subsequently removing the skin before consuming gives best benefits of badams.
The source of nutrients in the Mamra Badam is in its oil. Although the oil content is higher in Mamra Badam when compared to other Badam varieties, it can elevate the levels of “good” cholesterol, or high-density lipoproteins (HDL) and can also lower levels of “bad” cholesterol, or low-density lipoproteins (LDL), when it replaces saturated and trans fats.
Types of Badam/almonds
The different varieties of Badam or almonds consumed regularly are as follows:
- American/Spanish almonds: Most available and also the most inexpensive variety of almonds. Preferred for regular consumption as it has lesser fat content when compared to all other almond varieties.
- Indian Gurbandi almonds: Popular variety of Badams that are small sized, and bitter-sweet in taste. They are moderately priced. Also preferred by some for regular consumptions and festive occasions.
- Iran/Afghanistan Mamra almonds: These almonds with their unique cervical shape are one of the most expensive almonds we find in the market. Normally 3X times the price of regular almonds available in the market. It best fits the category of consumption for connoisseurs.
Mamra Badams can be delivered to all metro locations in India including Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai.
Mamra Badam online
Buy Mamra Badams Online and You stand to benefit from the best of deals. You get to compare from the best varieties across the globe, enquire and grasp a wider range of benefits, get feedback on specific variety and what’s more you have them delivered to your doorstep without having to spend much time on your purchase or having to venture out of the comfort of your home!
Why Mamra Badam is expensive?
Mamra Badams are grown only in selected regions using traditional methods. The soil quality, the pH levels, the weather, the terrain all are important contributory factors in cultivating Mamra Badams rich in their essence. Mamra almonds accounts for roughly 5% of total global almond production and are hence considered as the premium variety of almonds in the world. This makes Mamra Badams very expensive, as much as 3X times more than the regular almond varieties.
What is the benefit of Mamra Badam?
Mamra Almonds Are Rich Source Of Proteins, Minerals & Vitamins. It Prevents Coronary Artery Disease & Strokes By Favouring Healthy Blood Lipid Profile. It Prevents Skin Disorder, Anaemia & Respiratory Diseases
What are Mamra badams?
Mamra Badams are the most expensive variety of almonds. They are mainly grown in Iran, Afghanistan and the valleys of Kashmir. They are richer in good fats when compared with the regular almond varieties. Mamra Badams are considered to be the connoisseur’s range of almonds.
What are the types of Badam?
- American/Spanish almonds: Most available variety. It is also the cheapest variety
- Indian Gurbandi almonds: These small size, bitter sweet almonds are also popular. They are moderately priced
- Iran/Afghanistan Mamra almonds: These almonds with their unique cervical shape are one of the most expensive almonds we find in the market. They normally sell 3 times that of their American peers. Overall they constitute 5% of global production.
Which badams are the best?
California Almonds are the best of the almonds if you are considering regular consumption for best health benefits. The California almonds have lesser fat and are less costing than Mamra Badams and are hence better suited for daily nutrition needs.
What is the difference between Mamra almonds and California almonds?
- Mamra Badam has higher range of monosaturated fats (75.50) compared to California (40.56). Hence Mamra Badam Can benefit good cholesterol better.
- Mamra has higher total Sugar (2 gms) California (1.23 gms) per 564kcal serving.
- Mamra has higher fibre (8.2 gms) California (3.4 gms) per 542kcal serving
At mymillets, we also have other dry fruits and nuts products, some of them are
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.